Cisco Bug: CSCum00468 - TACACSD process crash
Aug 06, 2018
- Cisco Carrier Routing System
- Cisco NCS 6008 - 8-Slot Chassis
- Cisco IOS XR Software
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A vulnerability in TACACS processing of Cisco IOS XR could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a reload of the TACACSd on the affected device. The vulnerability is due to improper parsing of a malformed TACACS packet. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a malformed TACSCS packet to be processed by an affected device. An exploit could allow the attacker to cause a reload of the TACACS process on the affected device. Conditions: TACACSd configured.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases