Cisco Bug: CSCul96608 - %OSPF-SW2_STBY-4-CHKPT_MSG_SEQ printed on console
Apr 17, 2019
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: OSPF error message CHKPT_MSG_SEQ may be printed on the console of a router. Example of the message on dual RP system: %OSPF-4-CHKPT_MSG_SEQ: Invalid checkpoint message sequence number: received 8439, expected 8441 Example of the message on VSS system: %OSPF-SW2_STBY-4-CHKPT_MSG_SEQ: Invalid checkpoint message sequence number: received 229722, expected 229724 Conditions: Router is configured for NSR. Router builds large router LSA, testing shows that LSA size must be aprox 4000B or bigger. Observe LSA size using command show ip ospf database router. Observe if message is printed when LSA is updated, it means at the time when LSA age resets to 0 or other small age and sqn is increased by one.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases