Cisco Bug: CSCul81360 - SG base WS-C4506-E Crash in Auth Manager with Bad Cookie: bad data magic
Jan 24, 2017
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 4948E-F Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 4948E Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 4500 Supervisor Engine 6L-E
- Cisco Catalyst 4500 Supervisor Engine 6-E
- Cisco Catalyst 4900M Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: WS-C4506-E running 03.04.00.SG // 15.1(2)SG may crash in Auth Manager. Show Platform Crashdump <snip> IOSD-EXT-SIGNAL: Segmentation fault(11), Process = Auth Manager <snip> At the time of the crash, these messages were also seen: %PM-4-BAD_COOKIE: bad data magic was detected Conditions: Not fully understood but may have something to do with one out of 2 switch uplinks not working at the time. While troubleshooting one of these uplinks, the switch crashed.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases