Cisco Bug: CSCul66335 - PLM should warn if license request attempted with dynamic MAC address
Dec 19, 2013
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)
- Cisco Intercompany Media Engine
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.0
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Prime License Manager (PLM) uses the mac address of eth0 when creating the UUID to which its license is assigned. If this UUID changes then the active license will be invalidated. Cisco has documented recommendations for customers to assign a static mac address to virtualized Enterprise License Manager and Prime License Manager. If a dynamic mac address is assigned to a virtualized PLM then any potential changes to the host, vNic or other configurations can result in the dynamic mac address changing. Conditions: Cisco Prime License Manager running in a VMware virtualization infrastructure.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases