Cisco Bug: CSCul41775 - Connecting a switch to a SPAN destinatoion port on N6k is not supported.
Jul 08, 2016
- Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 5596UP Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5548P Switch
- Cisco Nexus 6004 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 6001 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5548UP Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5596T Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: When span destination port is connected to a switch it will causes certain ports on the N6k switch to go spanning tree dispute. This happens because the SPAN port does not drop the BPDUs coming from the end switch connected to it and could potentially leak BPDUs causing the dispute. We do not support connecting SPAN Destination Ports to a Switch device. Conditions: When a switch is connected to span destination port.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases