Cisco Bug: CSCul19656 - Nexus 5000 switch reloaded due to evmc hap reset
Jan 29, 2017
- Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 5596UP Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5548P Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5020 Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5548UP Switch
- Cisco Nexus 5010 Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A Nexus 5000 switch reloads after the evmc process crashes. `show system reset-reason` <snip> Reason: Reset triggered due to HA policy of Reset Service: evmc hap reset <snip> Conditions: Following log messages can be seen in the syslog file: - SYSMGR-2-SERVICE_CRASHED Service "evmc" (PID 3194) hasn't caught signal 6 (core will be saved) - SYSMGR-2-HAP_FAILURE_SUP_RESET System reset due to service "evmc" in vdc 1 has had a hap failure Also, the running-configuration size is around 8000 lines.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases