Cisco Bug: CSCul12855 - CVE-2011-3389 - Mitigate the BEAST attack on web UI (Apache TCP/443)
Apr 30, 2020
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS)
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Model
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Cisco Video Communications Servers (VCS) enable a number of SSL ciphers by default. The default configuration in release X8.0 and X8.1 is: ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:AES128-GCM-SHA256:RC4-SHA:HIGH:!ADH:!aNULL. This means that suites that may be affected by issues such as the RC4 weakness (CVE-2013-2566), BEAST (CVE-2011-3389), or Lucky 13 (CVE-2013-0169) are enabled. By default no GUI method is provided to allow the customization of these values to a customers security policy. Conditions: Cisco Video Communications Servers running a version of Cisco VCS software prior to X8.1.
Related Community Discussions
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases