Cisco Bug: CSCul01805 - MAC-Flap happening on a shut service instance.
Apr 17, 2019
- Cisco ME 3600X Series Ethernet Access Switches
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-F-D Router
- Cisco ME 3600X-24TS-M Switch
- Cisco ASR 901-4C-FT-D Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-F-A Router
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-FT-A Router
- Cisco ASR 901-12C-FT-D Router
- Cisco 7600 Series Route Switch Processor 720 with 10 Gigabit Ethernet Uplinks
- Cisco 7600 Series Route Switch Processor 720 with Multilayer Switch Feature Card
- Cisco ASR 901-6CZ-FT-D Router
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: When a Metro switch ME600 or ME3800 is reloaded with an ethernet service instance in administratively shutdown state, it may report MAC-flap messages between the administratively down service instance and another port if there is a loop with the service instance active. This is only mac-flap messages since the efp learns the mac-address, but traffic is not forwarded. Conditions: The mac-flaps on the shut efp will be seen only at bootup. And this is seen only if there is already a loop if the service instance is made active.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases