Cisco Bug: CSCuj94321 - Error on PUB-SUB setup:Mdns UDP socket failed. Stopping the MDNS thread.
Dec 16, 2014
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 10.0
Known Affected Releases
Error on PUB-SUB setup:Mdns UDP socket failed. Stopping the MDNS thread. Symptom: This occurs when the jabberd is unable to send on the MDNS socket; there's nothing to indicate what the cause of the error was, but the end result is that the thread responsible for MDNS shuts down and isn't restarted. I suspect that this prevented imp2 from re-establishing the connection to imp1 later on after the HA failback. Conditions: PUB (imp1) and SUB(imp2) IM&Presence nodes: 10.0.1.10000-3. They are both in the same subnet, so default MDNS setting was used.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases