Cisco Bug: CSCuj81008 - Proxy apply direct federation routing (maddr) for non direct fed domains
Sep 30, 2014
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 9.1
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Version 10.0
- Cisco Unified Presence Version 8.6
Known Affected Releases
10.0(1) 8.6(5) 9.1(1)
Symptom: Intermittently, SIP Federated Presence and IM exchange breaks as SIP packets are rejected by the remote Microsoft Lync/OCS system Conditions: SIP Packets to External Federated Microsoft Lync/OCS system (outside the enterprise) contain incorrect maddr header. This results in failed packet validation on the Microsoft system. This is due to uninitialized variables within the SIP Proxy service, which may intermittently (depending on the value stored in the uninitialized memory) mean that SIP Proxy incorrectly thinks the external domain is a "direct federation" domain (I.e. Internal inter-domain federation with a Lync server within he enterprise) rather than an external federation.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases