Cisco Bug: CSCuj45281 - Crafted LLDP packet causes an interface to go error-disable
Feb 22, 2018
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: A vulnerability in the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) code of Cisco NX-OS Software could allow an unauthenticated, adjacent attacker to cause the switch port on which the packet is received to stop forwarding traffic. The vulnerability is due to an error in processing a malformed LLDP packet. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a specially crafted, malformed LLDP packet to an interface enabled for LLDP packet processing. Other ports on the switch are not affected. Conditions: LLDP is enabled on the interface on which the malformed packet is received.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases