Cisco Bug: CSCuj27671 - QUAD SUP2T VSS Failover fails with tunnel path-mtu-discovery config
Apr 18, 2019
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: QUAD SUP VSS Fai-lover fails and goes into RPR mode with the below message. *Sep 15 07:21:23.911: %ISSU-SW2-3-INCOMPATIBLE_PEER_UID: Setting image (s2t54-IPSERVICESK9-M), version (15.1(1)SY1) on peer uid (262) as incompatible *Sep 15 07:21:23.911: SW2: Config Sync: Bulk-sync failure due to Servicing Incompatibility. Please check full list of mismatched commands via: show redundancy config-sync failures mcl *Sep 15 07:21:23.911: SW2: Config Sync: Starting lines from MCL file: interface Tunnel1 ! <submode> "interface" - tunnel path-mtu-discovery min-mtu 0 ! </submode> "interface" *Sep 15 07:21:23.919: %RF-SW2-5-RF_RELOAD: Peer reload. Reason: ISSU Incompatibility Conditions: This symptom is observed under the following conditi1)QUAD SUP VSS Setup 2) Active Sup on switch 1 be in different slot from standby(HOT) slot in switch 2. 3) Tunnel should be configured with "tunnel path-mtu-discover"
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases