Cisco Bug: CSCuj06468 - N7k/6.2(2) - DHCP packet classified as type "NON-DHCP"
Feb 24, 2018
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 4-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7700 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7700 10-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: DHCP Relay would not work after upgrade to 6.2(2) for DHCP Requests if source UDP port is not "bootpc" (68), for example such a DHCP Discover is classified as non DHCP packet:- User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: 57907 (57907), Dst Port: bootps (67) switch# sh ip dhcp relay statistics <snipped> Non DHCP: Total Packets Received : 45456 Total Packets Forwarded : 45456 Conditions: Only for DHCP packets using non bootp UDP source port. For example such a packet would not hit the problem: User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: bootpc (68), Dst Port: bootps (67) Issue only observed with 6.2(2) OS release and any release prior to it is not affected.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases