Cisco Bug: CSCui99899 - HSRP standby learns VIP mac for end host in VPC setup w/ local proxy ar
Feb 08, 2017
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 4-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: In this particular case, we are not able to ping the servers from the N7K and as a result there is connectivity loss happening between the N7k and the servers. The noticeable symptom is that the ARP entry for the server in the HSRP standby N7K is not correct and it is pointing the server IP to the svi VMAC instead of the host's own mac. Conditions: "local-proxy-arp" is enabled on the svi and the n7k(the HSRP standby) sends out an ARP request to some host in that vlan. Refer to "More Info" for explanation.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases