Cisco Bug: CSCua91979 - signature updates very slow, may fail if signatures are customized
Jul 21, 2016
- Cisco IPS 4200 Series Sensors
- Cisco IPS 4255 Sensor
- Cisco IPS 4260 Sensor
- Cisco IPS 4270-20 Sensor
- Cisco IPS 4240 Sensor
- Cisco ASA Advanced Inspection and Prevention (AIP) Security Services Module
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Signature updates can take an excessively long time and sensorApp may fail if the IPS has extensive signature customization. Conditions: The time to install the update is affected by the size of the customized signature definition. The more changes that have been made to the signature definitions (sig0), the more likely the issue is to occur.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases