Cisco Bug: CSCua87100 - Incorrect u-RPF flag set after next-hop change.
Feb 16, 2017
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 9-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Traffic to u-RPF enabled prefix getting dropped even after the RPF failure condition is is cleared. Conditions: U-RPF check on on prefix fails if the next-hop is reachable via null 0 and fall back to existing valid next-hop.Found in senario where BGP based Real Time Black-hole Routing inject a prefix reachable via next-hop that is routed to null0 to administratively drop traffic to certain segments. Once the drop condition is removed , ie the RPF falls back to the previous state (valid - reachable via rx) , traffic remains blocked.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases