Cisco Bug: CSCtg95381 - Traffic may punt to CPU because uRIB is not installed
Oct 04, 2016
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 10-Slot Switch
- Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Nexus 7000 may punt traffic to CPU; so that the traffic may experience random delay or drop. Further looking, ARP is learned and FIB adjacency is in FIB adjacency table. Conditions: The problem is caused by race condition. Some hosts have not responded to the ARP refresh sent by N7k which in turn trigger to delete ARP entry due to expiry. As a result the route delete notification is sent to URIB from the process. However there is still traffic coming to given IP address as a result the next packet that hit glean resulting in triggering ARP and hope ARP is learnt from the host this time. Workaround(s): Clear ip route <host>.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases