Cisco Bug: CSCtf34894 - Incorrect Prompt for NTP Hardware Clock on UCM VMWare Install
Nov 03, 2012
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)
- Cisco Business Edition 6000 Version 8.5
- Cisco Business Edition 5000 Version 8.5
- Cisco Unity Connection Version 8.5
- Cisco Business Edition 6000 Version 8.6
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 8.5
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: VMWare installs enforce that a publisher node always has at least one external NTP server running on a physical (not virtual) machine. It is not an option to use the hardware clock. If you perform a fresh install of 8.0(2) on UCS (VMWare), and specify an invalid NTP server, the NTP check will fail. You will then receive a misleading message to back up and select No to use the hardware clock. However, using the hardware clock is not an option for VMWare, thus that option is not provided (it is correct to not provide the option). Conditions: This is an incorrect message that occurs in 8.0(2) for VMWare installs after specifying an invalid NTP.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases