Cisco Bug: CSCtf21937 - UDP Modular IOS sends out DHCP Packet with diff source-IP comp. to IOS
Jan 29, 2017
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco ME 6524-GS Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 32 / MSFC2A
- Cisco ME 6524-GT Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: On a 6500 running Modular IOS software running DHCP relay. DHCP packets might be send out with the secondary IP address as a source of the packet. This might be seen on following : interface Vlan166 ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 secondary ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 If the DHCP ack is destined towards a desintation in 10.0.0.0/24 subnet it will be send out with the source 10.0.0.1. Conditions: Modular IOS (12.2(33)SXH/12.2(33)SXI and DHCP Relay.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases