Cisco Bug: CSCtf17435 - 2941: Impact of MPLS switching and CEM/ATM PWE3 on 1588 packet-timing
Apr 27, 2016
- Cisco MWR 2900 Series Mobile Wireless Routers
- Cisco MWR 2941-DC Mobile Wireless Router
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: The 1588 PTP network clock recovery mechanism cannot be used when the MWR2941 is configured as MPLS LSR in a ring topology. The impact of the traffic load in such configuration triggers Packet Delay Variation (PDV) side effects that destroy the transfer performances of the 1588 PTP protocol packets. Conditions: MWR2941's are connected in a ring and configured for MPLS switching on the ring interfaces (no bridging on MWR2941). CEM and ATM pseudowires are configured and carrying traffic. 1588 PTP packet timing is used.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases