Cisco Bug: CSCte64135 - "ip pim sparse sg-expiry-timer" ignored for intermittent sources
Sep 22, 2015
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco ME 6524-GS Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 32 / MSFC2A
- Cisco ME 6524-GT Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: The "ip pim sparse sg-expiry-timer" command may be ignored in specific scenarios. Conditions: With PIM sparse-mode and MSDP, if the multicast source sends only a single data packet, the MSDP created S,G will be set to 3 minutes instead of the conifgured value.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases