Cisco Bug: CSCte42166 - RHEL RPM Update To Address GCC Vulnerability
Feb 10, 2017
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)
- Cisco Unity Connection Version 7.1
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.1
Known Affected Releases
<B>Symptom:</B> A vulnerability has been identified in RHEL regarding gcc and gcc4. https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2010-0039.html <B>Conditions:</B> This can only be exploited locally. If a local attacker is able to trick a local user into running a Java application (which uses a function to load native libraries,) from within an attacker-controlled directory containing a malicious library or module, the attacker could possibly execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running the Java application.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases