Cisco Bug: CSCtd80546 - HSRP Virtual mac-addr not flushed after VSS active failover
Jan 28, 2017
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco ME 6524-GS Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 32 / MSFC2A
- Cisco ME 6524-GT Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: In a VSS using HSRP object (interface) tracking, the HSRP virtual mac-address is not flushed, when active VSS switch fails over to standby AND HSRP fails over to a peer at the same time. As a result, connectivity to default gateway may be lost. Conditions: Issue is seen when ALL the following conditions matched. - VSS setup running 12.2(33)SXI2a or 12.2(33)SXI3. - This issue is seen ONLY in "IP Base" (crypto or non-crypto) image. - VSS is configured with HSRP object (interface) tracking. - Issue is triggered only when active VSS fails over to standby and VSS becomes HSRP standby.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases