Cisco Bug: CSCtc43521 - During soft link recovery, PIM flaps seen with other PIM neighbors
Feb 15, 2018
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco ME 6524-GS Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 32 / MSFC2A
- Cisco ME 6524-GT Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptoms: During soft link recovery, PIM is found to be flapping on other links. Conditions: The symptom is observed on a Cisco WS-6509-E that is running Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SXI2a. The flaps are seen frequently with default OSPF and BGP timers while rarely with OSPF hello-interval 1s and BGP keepalive of 4. It can also be seen with Cisco IOS release 12.2(33)SXI1.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases