Cisco Bug: CSCtc41585 - SSH fails when IOS receives "Client ver string" before sending its own
Sep 21, 2015
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks
- Cisco ME 6524-GS Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 32 / MSFC2A
- Cisco ME 6524-GT Ethernet Switch
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 720 / MSFC3
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: Unable to connect to 6500 Switch running 12.2(33)SXI2a using SSH with certain SSH Clients. E.g. Using Twisted Network Frameworks SSH Libraries. Conditions: This can happen when the Client sends its "version string" before the IOS Server sent the "server version string". In this case the IOS Server will hang and will not send any further packets.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases