Cisco Bug: CSCtc12426 - Wireless packets wedge radio interface input queue
Oct 03, 2018
- Cisco Aironet 1200 Series
- Cisco Aironet 1310 Access Point/Bridge
- Cisco Aironet 1240 AG Access Point
- Cisco Aironet 1130 AG Access Point
- Cisco Aironet 1400 Wireless Bridge
Known Affected Releases
12.3(8)JA2 12.3(8)JEC3 12.3(8)JED
Symptom: A Cisco AP1200 access point may experience a queue wedge on the Radio interface. Clients may also be unable to authenticate when the problem is experienced. In older releases of IOS software on the access point, you will see that the input queue is wedged: Dot11Radio0 is up, line protocol is up [ ... ] Input queue: 76/75/24427/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 27772 (Having a queue size  larger than the max  is a marker of a wedged input queue.)\ In more recent AP IOS, the problem will be seen in the output of ''show buffers'', where the Wlan Pool buffers are exhausted: Wlan Pool buffers, 2500 bytes (total 4482, permanent 4482): 0 in free list (0 min, 4482 max allowed) [ ...] Conditions: The problem may happen intermittently under normal network operation.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases