Cisco Bug: CSCtb44674 - High CPU due to SA-MISS event caused by own mac address packets received
Sep 14, 2018
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco Catalyst 4500 Supervisor Engine 6-E
- Cisco Catalyst 4900M Switch
Known Affected Releases
Symptom: On a router interface, packets received with the same mac address as that of the router can cause high CPU Conditions: The error is seen when using an SVI interface on the router. Packets that have the same mac address as that of router cause an SA-MISS event and are sent to the CPU as the router attempts to learn the mac address of the incoming packet. With a large enough rate, these packets can overwhelm the CPU.
Related Community Discussions
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases