Cisco Bug: CSCta28249 - ICMP Unreachables (Type 3) denied with inspect icmp error
Nov 08, 2016
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls
- Cisco ASA 5580 Adaptive Security Appliance
Known Affected Releases
None Symptom: The ICMP errors "Unreachable, Fragmentation needed but DF is set" are denied by the firewall even for the existing connections unless explicitly permitted by the ACL. Conditions: A link with the smaller MTU in the path that is sending the ICMP Unreachable messages.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases