Cisco Bug: CSCsz44113 - ASA: Freeing a block can corrupt memory
Nov 08, 2016
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls
- Cisco ASA 5580 Adaptive Security Appliance
Known Affected Releases
7.0 7.1 7.2 8.0 8.0(4) 8.1
Symptom: The ASA may crash when a block is freed. This particular crash is identified by a memory corruption with the pattern 0x1720 in memory. Conditions: This memory corruption is most often seen when the memory delayed-free poisoner is enabled; however, the crash could be seen whenever traffic is passing in a heavily loaded system.
Bug details contain sensitive information and therefore require a Cisco.com account to be viewed.
Bug Details Include
- Full Description (including symptoms, conditions and workarounds)
- Known Fixed Releases
- Related Community Discussions
- Number of Related Support Cases